It might be healthy, but this dish packs a punch in terms of flavor and is sure to WOW! any audience.
I have to admit, salad is not exactly my favorite meal. It doesn’t even make the top 10 list. However, I find myself going back to this spicy salad over and over again. Firstly, it has some heat. The mix of the peppers with the buffalo chicken is enough to add a good kick of spice without being overwhelming. Then, the dressing (I chose bleu cheese) comes to save the day by combatting the spice. I love this dish for family gatherings, office parties, and even an easy weeknight meal. And, I know you’re gonna love it too!Jump to Recipe
For this recipe, I always use these buffalo chicken tenders. But what if you don’t like buffalo or prefer a milder heat? There are couple of alternatives to try. The first is to use regular chicken tenders, such as these. You can also use grilled chicken to go low carb. This will give you the mildest salad, but can also take away from the flavor that makes this dish so special. The second alternative (my personal favorite) is to use your grilled or breaded chicken tenders and add your own hot sauce. Any favorite hot sauce will work but use Frank’s RedHot for that buffalo taste. This way you keep the flavor but have control over the level of heat.
In this spicy salad, there are two types of peppers, orange bell peppers, and then banana peppers. They are seeded, cut into cubes, and just thrown in. Simple right? See the video below for a visual on how to seed and dice bell pepper. This same technique applies to the banana peppers.
From there, assembly is easy. Just combine the chicken and peppers with the salad mix and add your choice of either ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing. You will need a baking sheet, lined with tinfoil, a set of knives, and a large serving bowl. That’s it. This dish is great for saving time, saving clean dishes, and (hopefully) saving my waistline!!
- Baking Sheet
- Tin Foil
- A Bowl- I prefer Pyrex glass
- 1 medium bag salad mix
- 3 bell peppers chopped into bite-size pieces
- 10 ~ pieces frozen buffalo chicken cooked according to their instructions
- 3-4 banana peppers chopped and seeded
- bleu cheese or ranch dressing
- Start by cooking the buffalo chicken tenders according to their instructions. I usually do between 6-10 pieces, depending on whether the salad is for lunch or dinner.
- Then, chop the bell peppers and banana peppers into bite-size pieces and remove all seeds.
- Once the chicken is cooked and peppers are chopped, combine all ingredients to form the completed salad, and
- Finally, store in an airtight container or serve!!
Did you try this dish out? Let us know in the comments below how you liked it and remember to share this recipe with a friend. As always, Stay Sour!